Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Savvy, 1/3 - Walmart


Okay, more spending happening. I'm sure that at some point, I'll start saving for real. I mean, I have saved money on the things I buy, I just keep buying and buying. My Wal-Mart trip today cost $8 and change. I didn't have to pay out of pocket, though, because I had a gift card. It was almost as freeing as using gift cards and smart shopping to walk out of there without taking even a penny out of my wallet.

Here's the rundown:

3 copies of the newspapers
I thought I was only getting 2, but when I left the store I realized I had paid for 3 and that I had 3. I figured there are enough coupons to make it worth having that extra paper. Our local paper only costs $.99 on Sundays at Wal-Mart, and I already saved that much or more.
$2.97 spent

2 copies of the January All You
I used a $1 coupon out of each of these magazines today, so I have gotten back almost half of the cost of the magazines already.
$4.48 spent

2 3-packs of Ivory soap
Remember how I was valiantly trying to find the 3-pack at CVS this week since I had a $1 coupon? Well, if only I'd realized that Wal-Mart's regular price for the Ivory 3-pack is $1.07, I would not have traipsed all over looking for it at CVS. (By the way, at my last CVS stop yesterday, I somehow lost 1 of my 3 Ivory coupons, so that's why I only bought 2 of them today. grr.)
$.14 spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment