Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday Savings, 1/9 - Target


Another good trip to Target. You'll notice that I often buy just an item or two, like this trip. I'm still too new to the smart shopping game to be able to walk in with my Target coupon policy (which every serious smart shopper/Target guest should print and carry), and walk out with a basket full of items for $.19. So, I play it safe and move slowly.
I needed eggs. Since I was already at Target, I just decided to get them there, even though I knew I wouldn't pay the cheapest price. They were marked $1.47, but scanned at $1.24 at the register. Still a bit more than Wal-Mart, but I'm happy that I didn't have to make a trip to any other store for just that one item.
I found another coupon (I misplaced it when I was cutting them out on Sunday) for the Electrosol Finish tabs. They are on special through today at Target for $3.49 for the 12-pack, with a bonus of 25% (or 3 tabs) more. My coupon was for $2.50. So, for $.99, I got 15 loads of dishwasher detergent.
I used a reusable bag, which I shamelessly do, even if I only have one or two items. I want that $.05 credit! After coupon, my total came to $2.44. I used my Target gift card that I got for buying 2 Axe gift sets a little while back. I had used the gift card recently for something else. I posted about using it; I just don't remember what it was for, now. Anyway, I paid with the card; I now have $.01 left! It's so cool to not have to pay anything in cash. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment