Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday Savings, 1/30 -- Publix and Wal-Mart


Publix First:

I determined that today I would not make a couponing mistake or miss a coupon like I've done in the past. Here's what we landed at Publix:


6 Beech Nut toddler meals -- $1.00 each
Used 6 $1 coupons purchased from the coupon clippers.
Cost: FREE!
***
6 Hallmark cards from the $.99 section
Used 6 $.99 coupons found on tear pads in the card section. (Still have plenty of coupons there -- go get some!)
Cost: FREE!
***
Ketchup -- $1.79
no coupon
Cost: $1.79
***
Total was $3.74.
I questioned how it could be that high with only one item that we had to pay for. The cashier looked back through the prices and said that the cost of the Beech Nut meals was $1.25 each instead of $1 each. We went ahead and bought them. The receipt read 4 for $5. In the past, I would have just said, "Oh, it's just a quarter a piece. So what?" Not anymore. I just HAD to check the shelf price. If it was marked $1.25, I was fine paying $1.25 this time. (I would not buy them again from that Publix because I know I can get them for $1 at another store in town.) BUT, the shelf tag said 5 for $5. I was able to get $1.50 back as a cash refund. As an added bonus, while I was at Customer Service, I spotted a stack of Weight Watcher coupons. I snagged two.
So, out of pocket was really $2.24.
*********************************
Then, Wal-Mart:
WW yogurt cups -- $.50 on sale
Bought 8
Used the 2 coupons I got from Publix! Each was $.60 off 4 yogurts.
Cost: $.35 each
***
Taco Bell Salsa -- $1.54
Bought 2
Used 2 $1 coupons from the February All You magazine available exculsively at Wal-Mart.
Cost: $.54 each
***
Bird's Eye Steam Fresh vegetables -- $1.25
Bought 4
Used 4 $.35 coupons
Cost: $.90 each
***
Hunt's tomato sauce -- $.46
Bought 2
Used $.50/2 printable coupon
Cost: FREE! plus overage!
***
Contadina tomato sauce -- $.50
Bought 3
Used $.50/3 printable coupon
Cost: $.33 each
***
Coffee Mate creamer single serving sticks (7 pack) -- $1.18
Bought 1
Used $1 printable coupon
Cost: $.18
***
Hamburger/Chicken Helper -- $1.50
Bought 3
Used $.75 off 3 coupon
Cost: $1.25 each
***
Michelina's Lean Gourmet frozen meals -- $1.00
Bought 4
no coupons
Cost: $1.00 each
***
MY FAVORITE DEAL:
Knox gelatin -- $1.28
Bought 3
Used 3 $4.00 coupons from 1/24
Cost: FREE! plus major overage!
I want 100 of these coupons!
***
Before the Knox coupon, my total was $16.33. After the Knox coupon, I paid $8.38!
Our total oop today for both stores was under $11!

1 comment: