Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday Savings, 1/16 - CVS

Total spent: $6.84
********
3 Blade men's shampoo/conditioner - $5.99
on clearance for $1.25 each.
********
L'oreal eye shadow - $5.99
on clearance for $1.49
I got three of the same shade because the other shades were ringing up at $5.99.
********
I used $2 ECB's.
********
On the downside:
I'd read about a CVS shopper finding L'oreal hair color on clearance for $2.something. I tried and tried to find that haircolor, but my CVS just wasn't holding that clearance, I guess. I had some great coupons, too! I have 4 $3 off and 1 $2 off. I had hoped to get 5 haircolors and pay just a few pennies if anything at all due to overage on the $3 coupons. Not that I color my hair; I don't. I'd still buy the color if it was super super cheap or free, though!
*****
The current CVS sale on Almay and Neutrogena: buy one, get one 50% off! Prices start at $1.99 and $3.49 respectively. Where are the $1.99 and $3.49 items? After about 20 minutes of searching, I got up the nerve to ask the cashier. She said that her store (the one I usually shop at as it's closest to home) is a low-volume store. They don't get all the specially-priced items from that the larger-volume stores get. So, my CVS doesn't get $1.99 Almay or $3.49 Neutrogena. Follow up question: Where in Pensacola IS the large volume store? 'Cuz I need to go there. :) (Yeah, I did NOT get up the nerve to continue asking questions. I get embarrassed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment