Think you don't know if shopping at CVS is for you?
Let's face it, CVS is seriously overpriced compared to Wal-Mart or Target.
I used to REFUSE to shop at CVS simply because the prices were so outrageous. Even if I only needed something little, I'd drive WAY out of my way to Wal-Mart, rather than to shop at CVS. Then I began to research smart shopping.
What a breakthrough!
I've paid less than $75 to CVS, but have received at least $325 worth of goods.
So, if you want to get in on the serious savings to be found at CVS but find yourself overwhelmed by the coupon-clipping-sale-finding maze, try this simple transaction. It will only cost you $6.00 or $7.00!
1. You need a CVS card. This is very easy to get; just ask the cashier. You shouldn't even have to fill out an application. This card will need to be scanned with each purchase.
2. Consider getting a Green Bag Tag; they cost $1.00. It's exactly like what it sounds. It's green. It's got a little tether to attach to a reusable shopping bag. It's shaped like a leaf. It's cute. Each day you shop at CVS, this tag gets scanned along with your CVS card. Each time you reach 4 scans, you get $1 ECB. (You can only get 1 scan per day.)
3. You will do 6 separate transactions. If you are timid about doing this, like I was at first, just leave the store and put your item in the car each time.
4. Each transaction will consist of buying 1 6-count box of Soy Joy bars. (The first transaction may also include the $1 Green Bag Tag.)
5. CVS has an Extra Care Buck (ECB) promotion right now that generates $6 ECB when you purchase that $6 box of Soy Joy. There is a limit of 6 of these ECB-generating transactions right now.
6. After that first transaction, each transaction may be paid for using ECB rather than cash. When all is said and done, you have spent $6 or $7 out of pocket. You go home with 6 boxes of 6 Soy Joy bars (they really are tasty as well as healthy) AND $6 ECB to use on something else another time. Even if you decide that CVS smart shopping is not for you, you can use those ECBs to buy milk or M&M's.
7. I'd love to hear how it worked for you!