Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March Mission -- Day 16

I can hardly believe it's the 16th already! Where has the month gone? We are almost done with the first quarter of 2010! What?!?!

We've done well over all. I will admit that my husband took me out for dinner last night. We've gone out, just the two of us, more lately than since before we had kids! We spent $25 on dinner.

Here's the rundown for today:

Breakfast -- at home, Jimmy Dean D-Lites for the grown ups and Yogurt smoothies for the kiddos. Both were bought at Publix on sale and with coupons. The Jimmy Dean sandwiches (which really help me not to miss Whataburger) cost us about $.50 each. The yogurt smoothies cost us about $.18 each! So, breakfast cost $1.36!

Lunch -- at school/work. Nothing major out of pocket. I did make Dianna's lunch today, costing about $.40.

Dinner -- at home -- Hamburger helper -- about $3.50, maybe less.

Snack at ballgame (Go, Phillies!) -- crackers, cheese, and cookies -- about $1.50.
Total spent today: $6.76 for the day!

On a typical Tuesday, we likely would have spent $23 or more eating out. So, we saved around $16 today!

No comments:

Post a Comment