Sunday, April 18, 2010

One Trip, 4 Stores, a Handful of Deals, 4/18

I left the house at 6:15 this morning -- yes, that's right, 6:15 AM on a Sunday morning -- so I could get to Wal-Mart, CVS, Walgreens, and Target before getting the family to Sunday School at 9:00!

Here's how it went:

1st stop: Wal-Mart
Since I have a new-found aversion to Wal-Mart, I made this trip as short as I could. Is it just me, or is there no such thing as a short trip to Wal-Mart? Took me 30 minutes! They only had one cashier, and the line was pretty long.
I bought 3 newspapers, after inspecting them for a certain coupon. We didn't get the coupon I was hoping for, or I would have bought 9 today!
Paid: $3.20

2nd stop: CVS
Didn't get much here, either.
I bought 2 Thermacare shoulder and neck wraps at $2.49 each and a green bag tag for $.99.
Paid: $6.05.
I used gift cards I got for doing surveys on-line. I didn't pay anything out of pocket.

3rd stop: Walgreens, 2 transactions

1st trans:

Nature Made vitamin D -- $5
Used $2 printable coupon
Paid: $3
RR generated: $5

3 Walgreens reusable shopping bags -- 3 for $1 with in-ad coupon
Paid: $1

Used $2.50 in RR that I had from a previous transaction.
Paid: $1.72

2nd transaction:

U by Kotex -- $3.49
I had a $1 printed coupon, but it was for CVS only (how did I miss that?) and I didn't bring any other coupons with me.
Paid: $3.49
RR generated: $2.49

2 Bayer low dose 32 ct. -- $2.99 each
Used $3/1 coupon in the ad to deduct $6.
This coupon has actually been recalled by the stores now. I'm glad I'm got there early, because with some fancy footwork, the cashier pushed them through for $.01 each.
Paid: $.02 for both
RR generated: $3

Colgate total toothpaste -- $2.99
Used $1 coupon from April's All You
Paid: $1.99
RR generated: $2

Paid: $6.58
RR generated: $7.50

I have $12.50 RR left over for next week! I hope to find more grocery items next week.

4th stop: Target

Silk soymilk -- $2.69
Used $.75 coupon from 4/11 SS
Paid: $1.94 from gift card.
Got a free Target reusable shopping bag. It's cute!

Out of pocket today, I spent around $10!

No comments:

Post a Comment