Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Today's Frugal Breakfast, 6/9

Made a yummy breakfast casserole today. We gobbled it up so quickly that I didn't even get a picture!

Yummy Breakfast Casserole

6 or more eggs, or 1 container Egg Beaters (I used a Garden Vegetable variety of Egg Beaters.)
3/4 lb. pork sausage (I used Jimmy Dean Italian style)
1/2 c. or more shredded cheese (I used at least a cup!)
1 tube refrigerated croissants (optional; I didn't use any since I didn't have any!)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown the sausage in a skillet. (I browned the whole pkg and put the leftover in the freezer for spaghetti sauce some time.)
3. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. (I used the 9x13, but I wish I had used the 9x9.)
4. Pour in uncooked Egg Beaters.
5. Add sausage evenly.
6. Unroll croissants and lay over egg mixture.
7. Sprinkle with cheese.
8. Bake for 30 minutes or until fully cooked.
9. Enjoy -- I like it with a little taco sauce.

Cost breakdown:
Egg Beaters -- $.40
Pork sausage -- $1.50 for the whole package
Cheese -- $.75
Croissants -- $1.25 or so (I didn't use any, so I'm not calculating this in my total.)

Total for today's breakfast casserole -- $2.65 (served 8!)
Served with bagels, $.58 additional

No comments:

Post a Comment