Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Disappointing Trip to CVS and Walgreens

As always, my early morning Sunday Shopping deals rely on getting certain coupons in our local paper. I peruse my favorite blogs (find links to the right of my posts) and decide what I'm going after. I make my list, and get set to leave the house early. This morning, I left around 6:30. I bought my 3 papers at Wal-Mart. I used up a gift card that had only $1.50 on it, then paid $1.70 for my papers.

In the Walmart parking lot, I looked through the inserts for the 3 or 4 coupons I needed to make today's deals work. Do you know, we didn't get a single one? grr. I try not to get frustrated because I was going after items that I don't need and another deal will come along before too long. But I can't help getting a little worked up. I wanted those items because of the ECB and RR they would generate.

Off to CVS to get the one item I still wanted to try for:

1 Covergirl Lipslicks AmazeMINT lip gloss -- $4.99
TRIED to use a $2 catalina coupon I got at Walgreens (It had the Walgreens logo on it but stated "manufacturer's coupon"). The register beeped, and the manager wouldn't accept the coupon.
Used a $2.97 ECB
Paid: $2.40
ECB generated: $3

Paid: $2.40
Saved: $3.97
Percent savings: 62%

Then to Walgreens for the 2 items I wanted:

3 Neutrogena bar soaps -- NOPE! OUT OF STOCK!!
grr.

1 Nivea for Men body wash -- $5.99
Used $3 coupon from 5/2 RP
Paid: $2.99
RR generated: $6

3 pkgs. Walgreens foam plates -- $.99 each w/in-ad coupon
Paid: $2.97 for all 3

1 Butterfinger bar -- $.39
yum. helps with the coupon frustration.
Paid: $.39

Used $5 RR

Paid: $2.06
Saved: $9.64
Percent savings:82%

No comments:

Post a Comment