Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tonight's Frugal Dinner, 8/5

Had to be quick tonight, since I still have TONS of work to do to finish off my course assignments. Summer Seminar has to be the easiest of grad courses, right? Well, if my work ethic in this course indicates how I'll do over the next few years, I am in BIG trouble.

Anyway, our quick dinner tonight consists of a double batch of Philly Cheesesteak Hamburger Helper and oven baked french fries. We'll probably have some applesauce alongside.

Here's the cost breakdown:

2 pkgs. ground beef -- about $3.60 (I probably should have just used one pkg., but my husband will like the "extra" meat. ;) )
2 boxes Hamburger Helper -- $1.50
1 bottle of applesauce (we won't use the whole thing) -- $.20
1 bag of frozen fries -- $0 -- We received this bag of fries in a box of Angel Food that we bought in MAY 2009. I refuse to count the cost of something we have had in the freezer for over a year. Plus, the box cost $30 and came with a lot of stuff. I have no way to figure the cost of just the fries.
We'll use ketchup, no doubt. I don't know how much we paid for that, but surely we won't use more than $.30 worth.

So, the grand total for tonight's dinner for 3 adults and 3 kids -- $5.60!

No comments:

Post a Comment