Monday, May 24, 2010

Tonight's Frugal Dinner, 5/24

Talani's working late today, and we have a Personnel meeting tonight. And company tomorrow. And vacation in 4 days. It's a busy day/evening, but then, they all are. So I popped an easy chicken dinner in the oven.

Mom and I put together about 20 (or what was it, Mom? I don't really remember. It was AT LEAST 12, but maybe 20 is over-estimating a bit.) chicken meals in ziploc bags. We made about 4 or 5 different recipes including Sticky Chicky, Maple-Chili, BBQ Jelly. Tonight's is maple-chili chicken. I'll make noodles and veggies to go alongside.

I wish I remember how much it cost to make the meals. I can say this: We bought the chicken when it was just $1.79 a pound for boneless-skinless breast meat at Sam's. We probably have 1 1/2 pounds of chicken in this meal. The maple syrup that went in the recipe was easily the most expensive ingredient, but we didn't use a whole lot. I would say that this dinner, with pasta and veggies included, cost no more than $6.00.

I was going to wait to post this until I had a picture, but I'm afraid of running out of time. We have to leave in an hour, and I have about a million things to do. Besides, when I checked it just a minute ago, it had that mostly-raw look to it that does not look appetizing at all. A picture would probably not be a benefit right now. :) The thing is, you're supposed to thaw the chicken in the fridge during the day. I popped mine in the oven straight out of the freezer, so it's going to take longer than it otherwise should to cook.

Find lots of freezer chicken recipes at www.oamc.8m.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment