Monday, May 21, 2012

May Mission: Day 6

Oops, I sort of forgot this mission.  We've done pretty well, though.  We have gone out to eat three times since May 10.  We ate dinner at McDonald's one night - about $15.  We ate at the concession area of Sam's Club one night - about $11.  We ate dinner at Panda Express on it's opening day - about $22.  While I acknowledge that these meals cost much more than meals prepared at home would cost, I think we really ate out cheaply.  We could easily spend $40 after tax and tip for a nice dinner. 
(HMMMM, just noticing that we ate out 3 times in 11 days.  I don't guess that's good, after all.  It really does feel to me like I'm cooking ALL the TIME.  I am always preparing something in the kitchen or cleaning up a mess.)
Tonight we are having Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells from www.onceamonthmom.com.  This meal has been very easy to prepare, and this is coming from someone who is notoriously slow in the kitchen, especially with new recipes.  It's an easy-to-freeze recipe, so I have one pan ready to go in the oven now (as soon as the garlic bread comes out) and one pan in the freezer to give to a family with a new baby. 

In other news, we are just 4 days away from leaving for our long-awaited summer vacation.  We've been planning and counting down for MONTHS and it's almost here!  I have a lot to do around the house to get ready, and school is still in session for another 2 1/2 days.  In just a few days, I'll say one last goodbye to my beloved sixth graders, pack and clean up my classroom for the summer, and fly around the house getting things ready.  It'll be hectic, chaotic, stressful.  I may get emotional.  I edge toward breakdowns when the pressure's on.  But, one way or the other, it'll be over, and I'll be headed to Disney World!
While on vacation, we will eat out at least one meal per day.  On travel days, we will eat out more often.  I plan to post about our meals.  I'll post about the cheapskate meals I make and about how we make eating out as cheapskate-ly as possible while at Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment