Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May Mission: Day 3

Today feels like a contradiction, but it's kinda not.  I forgot when I got all inspired to do a May Mission that my family had planned to take out to dinner our college student girls that we've kind of adopted into our family.  So, we're headed out for Mexican food tonight.  Yes, I'm breaking my mission today, but it's something I had planned to do for a while now and forgot to mention at the outset of this mission.

Here's how the rest of the day went (pretty boring, really):

Breakfast: I had a strawberry smoothie, a la Flat Belly Diet.  And I did a really amazing job on making the smoothie today.  It was the best ever.  The kiddos had a banana and yogurt.  (Much more healthfully balanced than yesterday's Pop Tarts!)

Lunch: I had a slice of turkey and a roll from the cafeteria, along with about 1/2 cup of vanilla pudding with raisins.  (Ha! I just had to correct "pudding" from "yogurt".  I guess I either have healthy food choices on the brain or I secretly didn't want you to know that I ate pudding and yogurt sounded so diet-approved.)

Dinner: I don't know what I'll have, but I'm not planning to be super diet-conscious.  Chips and salsa for sure.  Either water or Diet Coke.  Something cheesy, probably.  I refuse to feel guilty.  Either from the diet front or the mission front.  We have no plans to eat out for the rest of the month until vacation, so I don't think it's an awful thing to do this one time.  If this is the only time we eat out this week, we are in WAY better shape when it comes to this kind of mission than we were 2 years ago.

Tomorrow is one of our favorite menu days: We are having beef and bean taco rice.  I make this really great beef and bean mix in the crockpot, and we eat some of it on one Wednesday, freeze the leftovers, and reheat the next week.  We're on the leftovers tomorrow night.  We just love it.  And I love how easy it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment