Sunday, May 6, 2012

May Mission: Day 1 (Day 6?)

A couple of years ago, I did a March Mission designed to help my family eat out less, eat in more, and save a bundle.  While we don't eat out nearly as much as we did back in those days (2 years ago), we still tend to eat out frequently, especially just after pay day.  For example, this month, we've eaten at Whataburger, Zaxby's, and Red Robin.  And it's only the 6th. 
I'm creating a new mission for myself: to eat in for the rest of the month (until vacation).  So, for the next 20 days, my goal is to cook all our breakfasts, dinners, and weekend lunches.  (We get our weekday lunches provided by school/work ministry we are involved with.) 

Here's my meal plan for the week of May 6, 2012:

Sunday, May 6:
Breakfast: leftover biscuits with bacon and cheese
Lunch: at my mom and dad's
Dinner: Pizza

Monday, May 7:
Breakfast: smoothies
Dinner: chicken tikka masala

Tuesday, May 8:
Breakfast: smoothies
Dinner: pork ribs in the crockpot

Wednesday, May 9:
Breakfast: smoothies
Dinner: beef/bean taco rice

Thursday, May 10:
Breakfast: smoothies
Dinner: Moroccan beef with rice

Friday, May 11:
Breakfast: smoothies
Dinner: chili

Saturday, May 12:
Breakfast: smoothies
Lunch: pizza muffins
Dinner: Potato bacon soup with breadsticks

Okay, I know  that it looks like I have no imagination at all when it comes to breakfast, but my husband and I are trying the flat belly diet.  The smoothie for breakfast is delicious and filling.  It is homemade, not from a powdered mix, so I am still making breakfast. 

Well, there it is, the plan for my new May Mission.  I'll consider today Day 1, even though it's the 6th of the month.  I'll end this mission on May 25, the day before we head out for vacation.  I'll do my best to post a daily report on how we're doing on our mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment