Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tonight's Frugal Dinner, 1/26

So, a super easy meal is in the works right now. I know it's not fancy, and I don't pretend to think that eating like this all the time is healthy. But once a week isn't going to hurt anyone, and I need an easy meal tonight!
We're having hamburger helper lasagna and garlic bread. Yep, that's it.
I used 2 boxes of hamburger helper to feed the 6 of us. The cost of both boxes is $1.50.
I used just one pound of ground beef instead of two. This cost us $2.
I heated some frozen garlic bread to go with it. I don't remember the exact cost, but it was probably $1 or $1.50. Not more than $1.50, I'm sure.
I know this meal didn't run us more than $5. It's plentiful; it's filling, and it's quick. Fits the bill for tonight. Gotta go! Time to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment