Saturday, January 29, 2011

Someday's Frugal Dinner



I put together some cheesy chicken packets tonight. I made 4 and put them in the freezer to bake sometime in the near future.

I am using an idea from Rachael Ray's 30 minute meals. She used steak, bleu cheese, and arugula in the puff pastry pockets. I used chicken and brie, no greens.

After cooking the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes, I let them cool for a while. I cut the chicken pieces in half. Rolling out the puff pastry dough a little makes the size a little easier to work with but also causes it to be misshapen -- at least for me. I used a tablespoon of creamy brie cheese in each pocket. The four little packets are in the freezer right now. In the morning, I'll bag them up and stick them back in the freezer.

When I'm ready to use them, I'll just thaw them, brush them with a little egg wash, and bake them at 350 for about 30 minutes. The chicken is cooked through so, along with heating everything through, only the puff pastry needs to be cooked.

Future yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment