Saturday, November 13, 2010

My FlyLady Experiment, Fri., 11/12

Here's the status of my house as of Friday, 11/12:

My bathrooms are clean.
My car is clean -- well, it needs to be vacuumed, but it's clutter-free.
My living room is acceptable -- needs to be vacuumed.
My need-to-be-hung pile of clothes in my bedroom is taking over.
My kitchen sink is gross, and I have dishes to do.
I'm thinking about getting rid of my coupon organization corner, since I have had such success buying coupons online. I would spend more money buying coupons each week, but I would have the benefit of only buying what I can use. Taking the pressure off in the area of coupon organization might be worth the extra expense.
My craft table is a disaster. I guess I need to sell a bunch of my stamp sets, since I just don't make cards like I used to/want to. I'm afraid I'll regret getting rid of stuff, though.
The kids' room is horrendous. They have too much stuff. They have a lot of toys that are missing parts, or broken, or just too baby-ish for my 5 year old and 3 year old.
The pantry is a mess. Surely there's a better way.

Here's what I did today to help my house:
I did NOT do a swish-n-swipe, although my bathrooms look wonderful.
I did a good load of dishes before the sinks backed up too much to do any good.
I shined the sink before washing dishes, although that is completely ruined now that the sinks have finally drained. (It took about 3 hours for the sink to drain, maybe more.)
That's about it. Yep, I'm a Flylady failure right now.

So, at this point, all my FLYing has done is to show me how bad my house is. I LOVE my clean bathrooms, but can't seem to get any part of the rest of my house to reach that level.
Now, I've gotta go. I need to clean something.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I think it's a great experiment! I love flylady and am trying to get back on track with her system as well. I hope you stick with it! There was a time when FLYing had our home cleaner than ever with minimum maintenance, so it does work! Just hard work at the start. I hope this encourages you. It gets easier :)

    ReplyDelete