Friday, March 22, 2013

Just checking in

I had such grand plans for this month of my non-stick skillet. I was going to photograph and post each delicious meal I prepared for my family. Fail.
I'm just here, checking in, reporting on our mission to eat in. We have eaten in most nights since my last post two weeks ago. I did leave work early last Friday to pick up my sickie daughter from school. When I texted my husband to let him know, he asked if we wanted Chick-fil-a for lunch. Uh, yeah!
On Wednesday I put some flank steak in the crockpot with some goodness to have tops vieja ready when we came home. I turned the crockpot on, but forgot to plug it in. We ended up at sonny's barbecue with a coupon. We had tops vieja on Thursday, and it was delish!
I have noticed this month that our spending has gone down in 3 areas:
1. The obvious - we have spent hundreds less since we are eating in.
2. Gas money. We have used no less than 25% less gas than in a typical month. That's a savings of about $50!
3. Shopping. When we were eating out so much, it was so easy to say, "Hey, let's stop by Walmart, target, publix, etc to pick up . . ."  It's so much easier not to shop when you're already comfy at home.
Overall, it is not an exaggeration at all to say that we have saved $500 this month alone. I'm amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment