Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Month In The Life of My Non-stick Skillet: Day 3: Eggs and Potatoes




It's a BOGO breakfast!

Egg and Potato Mix-up Breakfast

I used:

2 tsp canola oil
1/2 bag frozen diced potatoes with peppers and onions
2 partial containers of Egg Beaters (about 1 1/2 c total)
4 oz smoked sausage, sliced

Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet. Add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Stir, then cook another 4 minutes. Add Egg Beaters and scramble until cooked through. 
Add smoked sausage and stir to combine. Allow the sausage to heat through. (I covered my skillet and turned the heat off.)
Optional: Add shredded cheddar. 

I purchased every ingredient at Publix, and they were all BOGO, except for the oil. After coupons, I estimate this meal costs less than $4 to feed my family of 5. The cheese, if I decide to add it, was purchased at Sam's Club. I did include the cost of the cheese in my estimation of the cost.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment