Saturday, February 5, 2011

Publix, 2/5 -- 73% savings

Okay, before you scroll down to the rest of this post, I just want you to know that I didn't highlight the second half in yellow on purpose. I don't know how it happened, and I don't know how to make it go away. Also, just wanted you to know that, as I type here in the "posting" portion of blogger, there are blank lines between item descriptions where I have double spaced to make it easy to read. I don't know why blogger has bunched almost everything together, and I don't know how to change it. This is another good proof that I could never be a blogger by trade. I obviously don't know how to make the little things that go wrong to be right. Anyhoo, here's my info. for what it's worth . . .


Finally, a semi-decent percent of savings! Just when I was beginning to despair of ever getting back where I want to be! (At least 75% average savings is my goal. I have a ways to go still.) I had some deals that I wanted to try because they seemed a little too-good-to-be-true, so I went to Publix this morning to get just a few items to try those deals. I knew if they worked, I'd be back later to get more. I am in the middle of preparing my list for later, and it is HUGE -- and so is my stack of coupons! I hope I can get all the printables I need and that all the deals are in stock. I can't wait!


Here are the few things I picked up this morning:


2 Kotex pads -- $3.31 each
Used 2 $2/1 Publix coupon from the 1/9 SS
Used $2/2 from the 1/9 SS
Paid: $.31 each, or just $.62 for both!

1 Secret deoderant -- $2.99
Used $2/1 from 1/30 RP
Used $1/1 from the Green Advantage flier
Paid: FREE!
1 Publix brand cream soda -- $.50 on sale
needed a filler item and this is a favorite in our house
2 Oscar Mayer deli creations -- $2.19 each
Used $2/2 from 1/9 SS
Paid: $1.19 each, or $2.38 for both!
This is something we never would have tried before couponing. I know it's not the greatest deal in the world, but we get to try something new!
Total spent: $4.25
Total saved: $11.91
Percent savings: 73.7%!

No comments:

Post a Comment