Saturday, October 16, 2010

What $10 Will Get You at Walgreens -- Week of 10/17

After last week's scenario, we had $13.50 Register Rewards. Let's see how far we can stretch these this week.

2 Ricola cough drops (19-24 ct) -- $1 each
Use $1/2 from 10/17 SS (if our region gets it. Otherwise, we're out of luck here.)
Use $.50/1 from the Walgreens October coupon book found at the entrance to the store. (Will deduct $.50 each, or $1.)
You'll pay: FREE! for both!

Blistex medicated lip ointment (.21 oz) -- $2.59
You'll pay: $2.59
You'll receive: $2.59 in RR


Mucinex Nasal Spray (.75 oz.) -- $7.99
You'll pay: $7.99
You'll receive: $7.99 in RR


2 Nivea for Men body wash (up to 16.9 oz) -- 2 for $5
Use 2 $3/1 from 10/17 RP
You'll pay: FREE! for both! (Your cashier may have to adjust the value of the coupon down to avoid having overage. Many cashiers don't know that they can do this, but Walgreens' corporate coupon policy allows for it.)

2 Nivea for Women body wash (up to 16.9 oz) -- 2 for $5
Use $3/2 from 10/17 RP.
You'll pay: $2 for 2


2 Coffee-Mate (16 oz.) -- BOGO -- 2 for $2.69
Use 2 $1.50/1 printable coupons
You'll pay: FREE for both! (Again, your cashier may have to adjust the value of the coupon down to avoid overage. Wouldn't it be lucky if the register didn't beep, and you could keep all that overage?)

Dawn Hand Renewal -- $.99 w/ in-ad coupon
Use in-ad coupon to get the $.99 price
Use $.25/1 from eight/29 PG
You'll pay: $.74

Colgate Pro Clinical Toothpaste (4 oz) -- $3.99
Use $1/1 printable coupon
You'll pay: $2.99
You'll receive: $2 in RR

You'll need to buy some type of filler item because your item to coupon ratio is too high. I suggest the seasonal plastic tumblers that are eight for $1 with the in-ad coupon. You'll need at least 4, I think, to balance out the ratio. I don't know if these cups are Halloween-related, or fall-related, or what. I know that if they are Halloween, I would not buy them, and I'm not suggesting that you do. Even if I ended up spending more out of pocket, I'd spring for something less supportive of the occult!

Your total before taxes: $17.31 I assumed that you bought eight of the plastic tumblers.
Use your $13.50 in RR
You'll pay around $4!
You'll receive $12.5eight in RR!

I guess this low out of pocket makes up for last week's over-spending. :) I didn't look on any coupon website to verify if you could purchase the coupons needed, but I'm sure you would have fairly good luck at either mycouponhunter.com. This would add a couple bucks to your scenario and delay your shopping by a few days which may endanger the inventory availability. Even if you're shopping later in the week, I suggest that you print the coupons that you can right away so you don't risk them becoming unavailable by your shopping day.

I used couponingtodisney and couponkatarina to come up with my scenario today.

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment