Sunday, April 15, 2012

I Did It!: Ceramic Coasters



This is such a cheapskate gift! I had so much fun working on these.  I think I enjoyed it so much because I felt successful at every step.  I found a picture on pinterest, a tutorial so simple that the instructions were entirely within the caption of the picture.  I can't wait to have another reason to make some custom ceramic coasters!

I used (and where I bought it):

8 (4x4) ceramic tiles (Lowe's)
Clear spray paint (Lowe's)
E6000 adhesive (Hobby Lobby)
Scrapbook paper (Hobby Lobby)
Felt (Hobby Lobby)
Mod Podge (Hobby Lobby)
Foam brushes (Hobby Lobby)

1. Cut the scrapbook paper into 4x4 squares.
2. Use Mod Podge to adhere the squares of paper to the tiles.
3. Use Mod Podge to "paint" the papered tiles.  Do several coats (I did 4.) and allow to dry between coats.
4. Spray tiles with clear spray paint.  Do several coats (I did 2.) and allow to dry between coats.
5. Cut 4x4 squares of felt.
6. Use the E6000 adhesive to adhere the felt to the back of the tile.  Allow to dry up to 24 hours before using.

Ta-Da! So incredibly easy.  I spent less than 2 hours, excluding time to dry between coats, to make this birthday present. 


No comments:

Post a Comment