Monday, November 14, 2011

Menu Plan Monday: Week of November 14

Wow, is November half over already? How did that happen?  The FlyLady habit of the month is menu planning, and I'm getting in on it.  I'm very proud to proclaim that I have been a menu planner for ages.  Finally, a habit that I already have down! 
Here's what my family will be eating this week:

Monday: fried rice with summer sausage, served with teriyaki vegetables

Tuesday: Orange-sesame chicken with rice and broccoli (I have made this once before, and we found the flavor from the marinade to be very mild.  I'm planning to increase the amount of orange marmalade and red pepper flakes to give the flavor a bigger punch.  I'll also marinate the chicken a good bit longer than called for.)

Wednesday: General Tso's chicken with rice and raw carrots (first-time try, but I've loved everything I've tried from this website)

Thursday: Japanese fried chicken with rice and orange slices (another first-time try, but my SIL has made it, and her family loved it.  I really trust her when it comes to cooking, so I think this will be a winner.)

Friday: pepperoni and cheese pizza using this crust recipe

Okay, so I didn't realize that this week was so Asian-inspired.  Next week looks pretty similar, to be honest.  Must be cheap to make Asian food!  Either that, or I have lots of Asian ingredients in the pantry already; I am looking to make as many meals as I can without buying additional ingredients.
Well, that planning session was fun.  I have a menu planned for most of the rest of the month, with just 2 open slots.  Since it's all subject to change, I'll keep it a secret for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment