Thursday, June 9, 2011

Another Resolution

In my post yesterday about how I was planning to get back on the bandwagon in several areas I forgot one: 

I plan to prepare more (all?) of our meals at home rather than going out.  I really have no excuse not to do so.  I don't have school work filling my evening schedule, and I am mostly past the nausea stage of pregnancy.  Yes, I have every reason to do the cooking at home.  Plus, the cost of one meal out could buy a week's worth of groceries.  Since money is always tighter in the summer, I need to help all I can.

Last night's dinner wasn't an especially frugal one, but it was certainly more frugal than Chili's or even Whataburger.  I made gnocchi that I bought at Fresh Market ($5.98), with a tomato cream sauce ($.15), and pork sausage ($2.79).  I served it with garlic bread ($1.75).  This dinner cost a total of $10.67.  I liked it, although a commercial for Pizza Hut ruined my appetite.  (Weird.  Just 3 weeks ago I was CRAVING Pizza Hut like nobody's business. In fact, it was in the plan for today's lunch, but now I don't know if I can handle it.  I did say I was almost out of the nausea phase of pregnancy, right?)  The kids didn't seem to love it, either.  That's probably because gnocchi is almost unheard of around our house.  Oh, well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment